Asian Greens with Tempeh and Oyster Sauce
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- One tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Two scallions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- One teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- One clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 3 ½ bottled baby corn, halved
- 90 g (3 oz) enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 90 g (3 oz) tempeh or tofu cut into 12 mm (½ inch) pieces
- One bunch bok choy or choy sum, trimmed and cut into 10 cm
(4 inch) lengths
- Place bok choy, tempeh, enoki and baby corn in a steamer basket
or a large bamboo steamer.
- Partially pour the pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid
simmer. Make sure the steamer should not touch the water.
- Place the steamer over water and steam until 3-4 minutes until
vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile put garlic, oyster sauce, sesame oil and ginger in a
small saucepan. Mix well.
- Place saucepan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes to warm sauce.
- Get the vegetables off the steamer and arrange on serving plates
with enoki in the centre.
- Drizzle warm sauce over vegetables. Sprinkle with scallions and
- Serve as a light vegetarian dish or side dish.