Cajun Style Steamed Shrimp
Cajun Style Steamed Shrimp is rated
based on 84 votes.
Spicy steamed shrimp with vegetables is not only delicious, but healthy
and light. Side dishes that go well with shrimp and vegetables include
couscous and roasted small red potatoes. Wines that go well with a
shrimp dish like this one include sauvignon blanc and white zinfandel.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 14-17 minutes on High setting
- 500 g (1 lb.) large shrimp
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 6 pieces
- cocktail sauce (optional)
- Mix together cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and garlic powder
together in a small bowl.
- Fill base of food steamer to “L” fill line. Add drip tray and
- Rinse shrimp, shake off excess water, add to steamer bowl.
- Sprinkle spice mix over shrimp, stirring shrimp to distribute
spices evenly. Spread shrimp evenly in bowl.
- Place lemon slices on top of shrimp, then arrange vegetable
slices on top.
- Cover, then steam on High 14 to 17 minutes, stirring gently
about halfway through.
- Serve with cocktail sauce (optional).