Steamed Artichokes, Old World Style
Steamed Artichokes is rated
based on 12 votes.
Serve with chicken piccata or a nice pasta dish. Artichokes are
difficult to pair with wine, so why not serve with sparkling mineral
water with a twist of lemon? This will leave room for a delicious
dessert – perhaps tiramisu. Mmm…
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 artichokes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
˝ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Trim off top of artichokes and cut off stem and clean.
- Place artichokes in steamer.
- Add water to steamer.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over artichokes.
- Steam for 45 minutes to one hour or until leaves pull out
- Baste the artichokes every 10 to 15 minutes