Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- One cup cooked rice
- Two scallions (spring onions) finely sliced
- One clove garlic, finely chopped
- Three tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Two tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Two tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- One small tomato, seeded
- Two teaspoons capers
- Two eggs, separated
- 12-16 zucchini blossoms
- balsamic vinegar for sprinkling
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine garlic, scallions, rice, cheese, dill,
parsley, tomato, capers, salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat egg yolks in a different bowl then stir into rice
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gently
fold into rice mixture.
- Hold zucchini blossoms open and fill each one three-fourths full
with rice mixture, folding petals over to hold mixture in.
- Partially pour a pot or wok with water and bring to a rapid
simmer. Make sure the steamer does not touch the water.
- Line a 30 cm (12 inch) steamer basket or bamboo steamer with
parchment paper or banana leaves and carefully place zucchini
blossoms in a circle.
- Put over water, cover and steam for 6-8 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar.